Saturday, February 25, 2006

SAC vs Midsem

“The topic of your PowerPoint will be on the festivals in Malaysia.”

I calculated the time that I need to prepare my presentation. It was already Tuesday. I was to have my midsem exams on the coming Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of reading to do. And heck, I still need time to search for materials online to be used for the presentation. And SAC was scheduled to be on Saturday.

I may have just enough time to prepare the slides. But how on earth am I going to read 5 chapters for each paper due the following week?! To make things worse, my VP insisted that I should not delay my SAC and to get it done that Saturday. *sigh*

Die also die-la.

I was informed who were the panelists. Right…. knowing who they are, I wondered if it was to my advantage or disadvantage.

Leaving college on Saturday afternoon, I arrived at the Pusat Mahasiswa pretty early. As the AIESEC room was shifted a week before from the previous place, Faculty of Economics and Management, it’s really interesting to know how the SAC is going to be conducted in a building where most clubrooms are.

Everyone soon arrived, with the VP as the last arrival by the time the panelists and 3 potential SNs did our so-called Round Table Discussion. Without wasting anymore time, we started off with the actual discussion in the student lounge. Quite comfortable with the couch and the informal atmosphere. Less tension.

Once again, AIESECers showed to be something that human have a hard time to avoid – making an ‘ass’ out of ‘u’ and ‘me’ – assumptions. Accurate facts are essential and boy, we definitely need to read more on general issues. And if possible, keep them in mind!

Next were the PowerPoint presentation and personal interview in the AIESEC room itself. The VPHR was wondering how we managed to conduct the session in a room which is in a mess when she found out. Anyway, the interview was not of something I expected, to be pretty much informal and somewhat a chit-chat-get-to-know-your-views kind of thing. IMHO, sitting in front of Jason Wong and Ah Beng… anything can happen =p but they did once again corrected the mistakes each of us did and informed us on things we need to know about the internship.

Anyway, we passed the SAC (banzai!) and proceeding on to the rest of payment and keying in the forms. Hey, I AM a step nearer for an exchange and to see the world out there.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a match.
More importantly, scrape a pass for my midsem exams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home