Monday, February 13, 2006

A Very SNRD Story

I paused as I scanned the crowd. There she was. She caught my eyes in an instant. Like a living goddess, she stood out from the crowd.

Instantly, my palms became sweaty. Butterflies flew in my stomach, and I was cold all over.

What are you waiting for? Go!

I nodded to my inner self before I started to walk towards her. As I made my way against the crowd, my eyes examined her even more. She looked young, beautiful, and amazingly fresh although it was so hot outside.

How do I start? What do I say?

"Excuse me," I said softly, trying to get her attention. It managed to do so. She turned towards me, her hair whipping as though it was in a Ginvera commercial. I could have swore white doves flew behind her as she turned to me. I managed to get a better look at her facial features. Beautiful black eyes and a small, pointed nose. Her cherry red lips parted slightly as she stared into my eyes.

"Yes?"

My heart pounded faster.

"Hi. My name is William."

I paused, my brain suddenly not working.

Snap out of it, you fool!

Shaking my head slightly as I mentally slapped myself, my focus returned as I looked directly into her eyes.

"I'm from AIESEC and we're running this program for..."

"Sorry," she smiles apologetically as she took several steps away from me. "I have classes now." And with that, she was gone.

I shook my head as I turned my gaze from her fleeing figure to the two others with me. Nicole could only shrug emphatically, the kind of shrug that said 'Hey, you tried your best. What else could you do?'. Moses, on the other hand, was already scanning the horizon for a target of his own.

I slouched as I walked back to the AIESEC booth.

Damn it. I was so close.

I turned around, and from the crowd a beacon of light appeared. It was as though the crowd parted, and I saw her.

Like a living goddess, she stood out from the crowd.

Instantly, my palms became sweaty. Butterflies flew in my stom......

There we go again....

2 Comments:

Blogger kablooi said...

so drama meh...

1:17 PM  
Blogger William said...

Pre Single-Valentines Syndrome. That's all I'll say.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home