Friday, July 14, 2006

Connecting the high-potential people

4 fruitful days + more than 20 individuals+ 5 topics + 2 meeting venues
= Awesome experience!!


Hie everyone! I'm Jasmine, LCP of LCUM 2005/2006, now a Drive Team member 2006/2007. For those who are wondering what Drive Team (DT) is, Drive Team consist of a bunch of passionate people working on certain issue of LN and to make sure there are 100 exchanges (100TNs, 100SNs) on the particular issue. In my case, the issue is HIV/AIDS.


End of last month, a meeting for Drive Team members was held in Rotterdam (where AIESEC International office located). This is the first time ever virtual team members attending physical meeting *bangga* Besides DT members, representative from current AI team and the incoming AI team joined the meeting as well.


In HIV/AIDS we have me, Alex from Kenya, Riza from Turkey and Ildi from Hungary/AI. We will be working closely with AI in 2006/2007.


Fast fact during the stay in Rotterdam
* NO Square dance and roll call during the meeting
* A truly brainstormy session happened, ideas coming from everywhere, from the smallest detail to the biggest picture, from SME to MNC to UN.
* Hectic sessions on How to make 100 exchanges happen, arrangement of schedule, input from ER team, PD team, planning, planning and more planning, and oh yeah, the principles of the team.
* Interesting sharing sessions in McD with Education DT, "yoga" with mike, learning circle - what are we leaving to our grandchildren 50 years from now?, football chat; sessions demi sessions where we discovered more about ourself, people around us, our passion, our capabilities...


Interesting sharing sessions in McD with Education DT


* A set of complete plan came out after the meeting *BANGGA*
* We do have informal sessions. For example, watching world cup. Can you imagine over 40 ppl were squeeze in a small tiny living room watching Brazil vs Japan? or can you imagine how exciting was that when you watch Netherlands vs Portugal in a Pub and your friend scream YES! when Portugal scores? We are lucky enough to escape from being beaten up
* In terms of accomodation, I think I was quite lucky. I stayed with a houseful of leng chais *grin*
* It is summer now and its only 17 degree, sometimes 13
* I was lost in Rotterdam at 11 something at night. Luckily 2 kids led me to my apartment and they r really frenly.
* The famous cube house is only 5 mins walk from the place I stayed, discovered that when I wandered around
* The amount of time I spent on walking in Rotterdam in a day = the total amount of time I spent on walking in Kuala Lumpur in a week.
* All cars will stop for pedestrian, all cars and pedestrian will stop for bicycle. What happened was, it was green light, so I stopped for the car to move. However, the car just didnt move. I thought what happened to the car and after a while, I crossed the road. The car moved. Very different from Malaysia.
* The sky still looks bright at 11pm, and extremely bright at 4am
* Picnic and football session was fun! I was announced the best player of the day *cheerz*


Picnic in the Netherlands


* I spent about RM100 everyday, which is quite a lot. Even ketchup sauce cost 25 cent Euro which is RM1.2

AFter the meeting, I spent another 3 days in Amsterdam. More stories on Amsterdam in the next post!

chiaoz
Jasmine

p/s: If you think this is cool and you would like to experience this, application for Drive Team members is probably out next Apr =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home