Sunday, July 30, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane

I met this fellow at NLDS in UUM in December of 2003... i think he was one of the first few people I got to know at NLDS apart from the members of my mock LC (among them, Billy and Jiann). Little did i know that somehow or rather, he, his group of ACDs, and myself, and a handful of other people from the other LCs, would come together and form some of the most lasting friendships I would ever have in AIESEC. I think these bonds became even more important to me as I took on the challenge of being an EB, and later, LCP; having a support network of AIESECers outside of my LC whom I could turn to for advice, support and ideas (especially when I needed to bitch ;p).
The next few events at which I would meet this fellow again seems vague in my mind, but I remember them to be MTCF in MidValley, and NAC in Dusun EcoResort, Bentong. These two events would also be where I would get to know the rest of his UPM gang better.
The other people who appear in the subsequent photos would also be the AIESEC people I spend most of my time with, virtually (MSN) or physically (when I am in KL). Whether we are doing @ work or not, well, that really depends. :D Even the most innocent mamak sessions would invariably turn back to @ and its related issues (read : gossip). Although we do sit down and solemnly swear that 'this mamak session will NOT be about AIESEC,' well, it usually never works. One mamak session, however, will remain in my mind for quite some time to come : the one in Murni, SS2 with Khom, Billy, Jamie, Jiann, RC, and I. *GRIN*
How we all came together, people with different backgrounds, courses of study, geographical locations, age, LCs... only a few common denominators, the most obvious one being AIESEC.
We had an impromtpu farewell celebration for this fussy fellow, who conveniently thought that since it was a farewell for HIM, he didn't have to lift a single finger. Well, we proved him wrong, of course. ;)
Bye bye Ren Chang, have a good 6 months in HK, and when you remember the BBQ, please remember our presents when you come back! *grin*
Billy getting excited over how many pieces of chicken he's gonna eat
(Seanz : haha, I'm gonna eat MORE!! ;p)

If the food is bad, blame the cook. :) No, not really.


Mel said the wrong thing one time too many, prolly


The *ehem*... VIP (?) in grey shirt


Getting high on corn

We just can't *wait* to get rid of him ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home