Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The other side of the wall

In life, we have to adapt to many things, environment and surroundings around us. forever changing and it may take some time to get used to it.

Of course, adaptation does not only limit to the local culture of countries, as in traineeship or conferences held overseas. for me, it's the transition from leaving the studying life after uni to the working life.

now, dont get me wrong. it's true, i admit that i never really worked before previously. and i doubt that you'll want to consider working as a volunteer at the NGO in my hometown as work since i dont get paid, and i have all the freedom to take off when i need to.

and being in the working environment, it's again a different thing. it's different if you're working in a field where you know you have the knowledge and the expertise. you have the confidence of what you're doing and dealing with. you wont have that much of doubts upon yourself when you come across something that you're not certain with.

now here's what I'm currently going through.

I'm a language grad. and technically those who knew me too well cant believe that I'm currently working at a telebanking call centre in Cyberjaya. just for your 411, i completely have NO INTEREST and dont want to be involved in anything that has to do with numbers, figures, digits, marketing, business, accounting and anything that has to do with that. right... and look where i end up as my first job. Completely out of expectation!

I'm at total zonk-out situation. what was I thinking when i applied this job? just get the interview experience. that's it. but hahaha, I got the job to something which i have completely NO SINGLE IDEA about. the most I'd do with my own bank account is just ATM withdrawal, pay for PTPTN via online, pay over the counter or machine for the local AIESEC conferences fee and update my bank book!!!

So yeah, this is where getting accustomed to a new environment comes in. i dont have to explain further. Oh, another thing that i have to learn - UK culture - I'm servicing that side of the world.

everyday is a learning day for me. i come across things which i dont know, from enquiries and handling the people to my own mistakes. really not easy for me as i dont have any experience or knowledge in this field. but hey, i'm taking this as a challenge and a working experience. i may or may not stay long with telebanking. but that'll be much later.

first things first, taking one step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home